Thursday, July 6, 2017

Yellow Corydalis



A friend kindly gave me this yellow corydalis today.

Doesn't it look perky and healthy?
I went to my friend's home for the first time today and was blown away by her gorgeous gardens. I knew she was a good gardener as she had her own greenhouse at one time and subsequently worked for a large floral greenhouse as the head designer. But still, I was surprised at the extent of her gardens.  I didn't take pictures - somehow it didn't seem right- but imagine a couple of acres of grass flowing down a gentle hill that flattens out midway before going down to the Ottawa River.  Mature trees flank the open area and partially block the view of the water. At just the perfect spots, she has perennial flower beds with a wonderful assortment of plants. She has a variety of light so different areas have plants suitable to the locations.  All this she has done from a rough lot in the past  nine years, as well as raising her teen-age boys (with her husband) and working at the greenhouse. And while she does have a tractor, she does the work herself. A true gardener. It was so refreshing to spend time with her in her wonderland. I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment