Thursday, January 21, 2016

Botanus Catalogue

I recently received a catalogue from Botanus, a company out in BC.  I have ordered spring bulbs from them in the past and have been pleased with the quality of the bulbs. This year I was happy to see that they are selling a 1.5 kg mixed bag of seed potatoes -Red Pontiac, Yukon Gold and Russet Burbank. I don't have a lot of space for potatoes so most years I have to choose only one type of potato in a 1.5 kg package. To get three varieties would mean buying 4.5 kg of seed potatoes which is way too much. I almost missed seeing the potatoes in the catalogue, but Botanus has a "find the gnome" contest (prize $100 gift certificate) and, as I carefully scrutinized the pages, I noticed the potatoes at the bottom of a page.
Botanus has some intriguing plants  but it is based in BC so many of them are not hardy where I am (zone 3-4).  Still it is a very attractive catalogue that is fun to look through.

2 comments: