Friday, May 8, 2015

Delightfully Diminutive

 Many of the spring flowers are small, but beautiful.  The delicate flowers of brunnera are a very pretty true blue that I really like.

 The bleeding heart is starting to bloom - another one of my favourite flowers.

 Bleeding heart bordered by brunnera and fronted by forget-me-not.  Unfortunately the camera has a hard time doing justice to the little flowers so they get lost in the green.

 Sweet forget-me-nots.

 The bleeding heart leaves look almost tropical.

 Primulas don't always make it through our winters, so it's a treat when I get to enjoy a survivor.

 Bishop's hat (Epimedium) is a funny plant with flying flowers attached to wiry stems.  They move in the slightest breeze like little mobiles.

 More pretty primulas.

And another photo of brunnera because soon it will have finished blooming, and I will have to wait until next spring to enjoy it again.

1 comment:

  1. You're ahead of us in the spring flowers They are so lovely, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete