Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

 My sister gave me this happy little ornamental pepper for Christmas.  It got a bit of a chill on the way home so the leaves are not very happy, but I'm hoping with some TLC that it will perk up.  The fruit aren't hot and they are edible , but the crazy fireworks display is the main feature. Possibly it is the Medusa variety.


 Tradition has it that we make New Year's resolutions.  Usually dreary ideas like: I will give up chocolate, I will do 500 curl-ups a day, I will vacuum religiously every day, I will only eat kale and carrots.  Bah Humbug, I say. 


This year I am going to write more, even if no one wants to read it.  I am going to start an online
store, even if no one wants to buy anything. I am going to plant unusual flowers that may not bloom, and tasty heirloom tomatoes that may not have a long enough summer to mature.  I am going to dig holes with our new little backhoe just for the fun of it. I am going to hug my friends and family, and enjoy their wonderful personalities.  I am going to relish all my blessings and let the light in.
I hope you all have a wonderful New Year full of new adventures, loving relationships, and joy in the wonders of nature all around us.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous resolutions! Wishing a most successful year of wonderful efforts rewarded. Hugs to you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Jenny. I hope you keep your promise to write more, it is interesting seeing a little slice of someone's life on the other side of the world. My resolution is to make no more resolutions, I never seem to keep them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to more posts, as I truly your insights in gardening. And I want to see these holes for no reason...sounds like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete