Thursday, May 16, 2013

Two New Moths

 Spring doesn't just bring flowers, it brings insects, too.  I saw this little moth this morning and thought the pattern was so striking.  The moth is small, only about 1" at the widest part.  I like the way the sections of the wing have creases as though it was once all folded up. I think  you could make a neat sweater pattern based on this design.  I have no idea what it is and have been doing some searching online at www.butterfliesandmoths.com and also www.ontariomoths.com (blog - www.adventuresinmothland.wordpress.com -this blog also has some great bird pics.)  There are so many different moths, it's hard to search through them all.


This moth is a little bigger. The wings are like polished wood.  You can even see "tree rings" running horizontally.   I think I need to buy a proper reference moth book so that I can educate myself a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment