Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Heralds

 Today felt like the first real day of spring.
This evening I heard spring peepers for the first time this year and yesterday I saw some honeybees on the crocuses.  I always enjoy seeing the pussywillows glistening in the sun.  When we were young, we would pick a few branches and enjoy touching the soft buds that really did feel like pussy fur.
I also saw a flycatcher yesterday - hope it makes a nest on our house again.

Our little granddaughter, who lives about 5 hours away, was born yesterday.  I'll visit her next week when her dad has to go back to work. Can't wait to meet her.

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful time of year, and seeing (and feeling) the pussy willows is all part of the excitement of realizing that spring is finally here. Congratulations on your new granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good news. How lovely to have a new granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jenny! A true sign of spring....babies being born. ;o)

    I love the Pussy Willow. I once preserved some in glycerine and arranged it in a vase. Lasted for years and years!

    ReplyDelete