Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January Walk

 After some dull days, the sun came out this afternoon and I just had to go for a walk.  I hadn't been in a while because of the holidays and then I got a cold.  Today was perfect.  Temp. just around freezing, and a light fresh breeze.


 Because I don't have good circulation in my hands, I am always on the look-out for warm mitts and gloves.  In fact, I have quite a collection of winter hand protection.  These fuzzy purple ones are new this year and I really like them.  Very comfortable and warm enough for a day like today.  They get a thumbs-up.


 Snow is fascinating.  I can see why the Inuit have so many words for it.  Just a couple of days ago, this snow was coming down as light fluffy flakes.  Now it has morphed into solid lumps that the plow has thrown up on the side of the road.


 The shadow could be a distant treeline.


 A double-lane wild turkey road . Make sure you go the right way!


The tire tracks and little snow bank reminds me of knitting.  On the left, a series of baubles run down a cable.  The middle tire track section is like stocking stitch and the upper right is like seed stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment