Friday, January 18, 2013

Cold Snap

 After a January thaw over the last week or so, we are into our January cold snap.  This is the normal course of events in January.  Today it is almost -30 C (-20F).  Fortunately there isn't much wind.  Too cold for me to spend much time outdoors, but other hardy souls will be skating on the canal in Ottawa or going skiing or snowshoeing.


 Too cold for me to be taking pictures so these are from a different day.


I don't really mind some very cold days. It is very invigorating to be out in the cold, a bit like taking a polar dip.  And since I have plenty of warm clothes and a nice cozy house to come back to, it is no hardship at all.

1 comment:

  1. My idea of a 'cold snap' is 10C. LOL! I don't know if I could cope with your sort of temperatures. I guess the right clothing would help.

    The temperature here in Melbourne on Thursday was 39C. Thank goodness we had a cool change and it 10 degrees lower at the moment.

    I love all the snow pictures you have been sharing lately....just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete