Sunday, June 17, 2012

Small Brown Butterflies


 I've been noticing little brown butterflies on the fleabane.  I think they are Northern Crescents. Interesting black markings.


This one was on the Painted Daisy and I think it is a Pearl Crescent. It's also small, only about 1 1/2" wide.
On my walk, I also saw a Great Spangled Fritillary and maybe a Baltimore Checkerspot, but alas, I didn't have my camera with me.  When will I learn to always take the camera with me?!
Check out www.littlebrownjobbies.blogspot.com for some really nice butterfly and dragonfly photos.

1 comment:

  1. There really do seem to be more butterflies around than usual this year. These are lovely pics of the ones you saw. And I hope you get to see the Great Spangled Fritillary again when you have your camera with you. Would love to see a photo of that.

    ReplyDelete